Once again Chief Commissioner Gary Pienaar invites you to join him in turning the tide on plastic! This time around he will be in East London.
- Date: 15 May 2021
- Time: 09:00 to 13:00
- Venue: 1st Cambridge Scout Hall, East London
After a brief update on the challenges facing SSA and Scouting in the country, Gary will be touching base on:
- Understanding how plastic is threatening life in oceans and on land;
- Understanding how the global community is tackling the issue;
- Understanding and acting on reducing your personal use of single-use plastics;
- Inspiring your friends, family, school, and community to reduce, reuse and recycle single-use plastics
The Tide Turners Plastic Challenge is one of many ways that young people can contribute to creating a better world. If you want to find out more before joining Gary for the Tide Turners Plastic Challenge discussion, you can go to the SCOUTS SA Wiki: https://scoutwiki.scouts.org.za/wiki/Tide_Turners_Plastic_Challenge
The Challenge is run by SCOUTS South Africa in partnership with the United Nations Environment programme and WOSM – #Scouts4SDG’s.